Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Adventures

Hello folks,


It's been a while since I've written.. actually it's been a year. 2011 has been a busy year for me in every way. In July I married my sweetheart in Vancouver BC, and we went on a wonderful adventure in California as our "honeymoon".

We went on a day trip to Fort Ross (Jul27, 2011), on the coast northeast of where we stayed; and conducted a formal investigation of a private mansion outside of Petaluma. Both were interesting trips! We were not looking for "spirits" at the Fort, and didn't find any.. however, we discovered a voice on our digital recorder interact with our discussion at the small Russian Orthodox cemetery just south of the Fort. No one was there. We carry our recorders with us everywhere we go. Lesli & I do not expect "spirits" to be present with each and every trip, and we do not have a belief that "spirits" linger in cemeteries, but perhaps drop in on visitation when family or friends visit their grave. We simply are not expecting "spirits" to hang out where their bodies are buried, but who is to say they don't from time to time? We just don't know.. and I think that is part of the curiousity and questions we have. When I pass on, will I hang around where my ashes are spread? Will I be able to pop in and out when someone visits the spot? Would I want to? It's as simple as that. This voice we caught on our digital recorder was interesting. A man with a friendly voice, reacting to our conversation of the wonderful view of the coast for those who are buried there. (PS: you can listen to the EVPs at our website: http://www.vancouverspooks.com/findings ) It truly is a beautiful and peaceful spot. I am wondering who this man was? He spoke without an accent, but then do "spirits" speak with accents if they are not of English decent? There are so many questions I have when it comes to "spirits" and their abilities or not. It was a bit of a cloudy day when we arrived at the Fort. I love history, and felt refreshed with the park. The displays are truly wonderful, and the fort itself is a recreation as most of the buildings were destroyed. I recommend anyone in the area to check out the Fort! By the time we got to the cemetery it was late afternoon, and during our visit we noticed the fog slowly enveloping the fort (we had a good view of the fort) and rolling towards us. We left shortly after taking a number of wonderful photos. It was getting late and time to get on the road. We drove south along the coastal highway to a small cemetery outside of Bodega. We wanted to visit the gravesite of a young lad who's life was cut short (at the age of 7yrs) during a family trip to Italy. Truly a sad story.





The following day, Lesli & I packed our overnight bag, and all our equipment (emf meters, digital recorders, temperature gauges, flashlights, laser lights, laptop, cameras, divining rods and more), and set out for an hour drive to Petaluma. We drove east of the city to reach our destination of a private residence, a beautiful mansion. There had been claims of noises, feelings, things moving, and a curiousity of what may be going on. We spent the evening in the mansion alone. No one there to disturb us. Well, except for the moment a young lad, living in one of the cabins, came up to the main house to transfer his laundry to the dryer. He wasn't there for long and didn't come back to collect his items. Mmmm.. was it something we said? From the moment we drove through the gates, at Silver Penny Farm, I was enchanted and fell in love. The home gives off a wonderful feeling of joy. More on the investigation in a separate blog, as we just performed the reveal to the owners on Dec31, 2011.




On Dec29, 2011 Lesli, my brother-in-law (Darryl) and I packed up our equipment and drove up Geyser Road into the mountains for an investigation at an abandoned mine, not far from Mercuryville. We've been curious about this area, and decided to take a day trip as it's best to go during day light hours. It was quite interesting. Researching the area was not as easy as I hoped, but I did come up with some interesting details of what this place was like in the late 1880's and early 1900's. We are reviewing tapes, film and photos, so once we are finished I'll write more about it in a separate blog.




It's been good to get back into this blog and tell you of our adventures for the past year. Just a note, Lesli and my wedding ceremony was held in a small park on Circle Drive (in Vancouver) surrounded by old mansions built in the early 1900s, of which some have "spirits" lingering. Especially Hycroft Manor, which had a yet unsolved murder connection. The wedding setting was beautiful, and we could not have asked for a better day, as the sun came out for the first time that summer. Our reception was held 5 minutes drive from the area. We had a glorious time, and I have to say it was the best day of my life!


Wishing you all a glorious start to the New Year! We'll talk soon.. I'll be back to report on each case we've been involved in, and fill in more of the blanks on the old ones of 2011.


Cheers!

kati

No comments:

Post a Comment